Kajakskólinn offers courses to train kayaking skills and help participants becoming fit for sea kayaking tours and enjoying them in a safe way.
Spring and autumn courses:
- Beginners – 2 sessions 3 hours each, basic simple strokes, safety, rescues
- Intermediate – 3 sessions 2-3 hours each, strokes, rescues, planning, similar to BC 2 Star
- ‘Safe paddler’ – training based on the level and syllabus of BC 3 star sea – individual sessions as agreed
The syllabus is comparable to the EPP standards of many EU countries.
- Beginner course – 24.000 kr. – gear provided
- Intermediate course – 24.000 kr. – own gear
- Training for BC 3 Star syllabus – 6.000 kr./Session.
The venue is around the site of Kayakklúbburinn at Geldinganes